Loc Cranial Prosthesis
Custom made cranial prosthetic hair pieces to match the client's hair color/texture and locking method.
Cranial Prostheses are custom hair-pieces designed primarily as a solution for cancer and alophecia patients and those with alopecia, and also as an alternative (temporal or permanent) method for those transitioning into permanent locks or just natural hair.
Microlock extensions and cranial prosthetic hair pieces are custom-made to match each client’s hair color/texture and locking method. Clients include those who have developed alopecia, have hair loss due to chemical damage, hormonal imbalances or heredity and need a natural looking prosthetic that looks just like their own natural sisterlocks to give them fullness & styling options. Others do a combination of a prosthetic hair piece and extensions according to their specific needs and conditions.
Use Your Benefits to Purchase A Medical Cranial Prosthesis - 1 734 795-0177
You have THREE Ways/Options to get a Medical Cranial Prosthesis
1. Insurance Claim - We can file an Insurance Claim for all Major Providers including Aetna, Blue Cross, Cigna, Humana, Tricare and United Healthcare and more. We are also able to file claims with most local and smaller providers.
2. Flexible Spending Account - We are able to accept all types of HSA and Flexible Spending Accounts towards the purchase of your Medical Cranial Prosthesis.
3. National Alopecia Foundation - Grant Program for Financial Disadvantaged Women to Receive $500 towards the purchase a Medical Wig.
Option 1 - File an Insurance Claim - Use your Medical Insurance Coverage to purchase a Cranial Prosthesis from
If you have a medical insurance plan, you should be covered to receive a medical wig for hair loss. At All Natural Hair LLC, we will have a representative to contact you first to discuss your medical hair needs. If your hair loss is a result of a medical condition, we will make the necessary calls and file the claim on your behalf to help you get a medical wig at little to no cost to you. Below is our contact form, for a phone consultation. In most cases, if there is a medical need and insurance is in place, we can file your claim we will process the claim on your behalf. Therefore, we do all the paper work within 1-2 business days,.
The actual coverage amount will be determined by your insurance company. Most insurance companies will cover only a portion that usually starts around $350 & goes up to the thousands. If you choose an item that exceeds the amount of coverage that is provided by your insurance provider, you can pay the difference for the unit.
Option 2 - Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account - Use your FSA or HSA Benefits to purchase a Cranial Prosthesis from All Natural Hair
Our second option for coverage is via your Health Savings Account or Flexible Spending Accounts. If you have either a HSA/FSA account and medical hair loss, you can use these benefits to purchase a medical wig from us. You can also complete the short form below & we will call and discuss your options.
Option 3 - Apply for Grant with National Alopecia Areata Foundation - Receive $500 to purchase a Wig from All Natural Hair
The National Alopecia Areata Foundation is a nonprofit organization that is dedicated to helping individuals who are affected by Alopecia Areata. They have a grant program, The ASCOT FUND, in which they will grant selected individuals a grant of $500 to receive a medical wig. For more details on how to get an application to apply, complete the form below.
IMPORTANT! To ensure the claims process is as smooth as possible please do the following:
1) First, check the ‘Benefit Booklet’ given you by your insurance carrier. This lists in detail all of the covered expenses under your particular plan. Look for the section under ‘Covered Expenses’ relating to ‘prosthesis’ or ‘prosthetic devices.’ Or you can contact your insurance carrier to ask about coverage for to ‘prosthesis’ or ‘prosthetic devices’.
2) Obtain a written "PRESCRIPTION" for "CRANIAL HAIR PROSTHESIS" from your doctor/treating physician. On this prescription, have your doctor to include your specific diagnosis. (For Example: If you have been diagnosed with Alopecia, there are different types. Have your doctor to be very detailed and to include the exact strand/type of medical condition that has caused your hair loss.
3) Also, request a separate detailed letter from your doctor explaining the extent of your hair loss and the mental distress you have experienced due to your medical treatment (the effects on your daily life). A brief letter from a psychiatrist or psychologist may also be beneficial, if available.
4) Take pictures of your hair WITHOUT a wig on. This will immediately show that your claim is not for cosmetic purposes.
5) Write a personal letter of your own explaining/outlining the effects that hair loss has had on your daily life. Detail the emotional effects that your condition or your medical treatment has had on your life. Discuss the financial aspects of frequent wig purchases. Advise that a cranial prosthesis is just as medically necessary as a prosthetic limb or breast: it replaces a missing body part hair. Explain the benefits of purchasing this type of prostheses (it is made to order, perfect fit, more natural, etc.). Explain that although the initial cost of a custom prostheses is higher, it will also last several years, thereby being a cost-effective item.
6) You will provide all the above to our company. We will then contact you so that we may submit your claim to your insurance provider.
7) The entire process to filing an insurance claim can take a total of 7-10 business days.
We are very familiar with this process and we want to get your medical wig to you as soon as possible. We will submit your claim correctly the first time to ensure there are no mistakes from the start.
To get started please fill out the form below. We will help you with everything from there. We will process the claim on your behalf. Therefore, we do all the paper work.